Isovaleric acid Quick Details
Chemical Name: Isovaleric acid
CAS No.: 503-74-2
Molecular Formula: C5H10O2
Molecular Weight: 102.13
Appearance: Colorless to light yellow transparent liquid
Isovaleric acid Typical Properties
|Appearance||Colorless to light yellow transparent liquid|
|Smell||Have a sour cheese and sweat and such unpleasant smell|
|3 - Methyl -1- butyric acid Purity||≥99%|
|2 - Methyl -1- butyric acid Purity||≤0.5%|
|Natural degree test||98+/-3%|
|Solubility||Soluble in water, ethanol and glycerol|
Isovaleric acid Usage
1. This product can use to produces raw materials for perfumes, fragrances, plasticizers and lubricant esters.
2. For the production of the sedative hypnotic bromoisovaleryl urea, but more for the production of spices.
3. The isovalerates used as perfumes are mainly isovalerate, propyl isovalerate, isoamyl isovalerate, geranyl isovalerate, benzyl isovalerate and cinnamyl isovalerate.
4. Low-grade isovalerates are used as flavors, and high-grade isovalerates are used in cosmetics.
5. Isovaleric acid is naturally found in valerian oil, vanilla oil, hop oil, bay leaf oil, spearmint oil, and the like.
6. China's GB2760-86 provisions for the use of edible spices. It is mainly used to prepare cheese and cream flavors, and is also used in fruit flavors.
Isovaleric acid Packaging and Shipping
Isovaleric acid Storage
It should be placed in cool and dry.