Chemical Name: Isobutyraldehyde
CAS No.: 78-84-2
Molecular Formula: C4H8O
Molecular Weight: 72.11
Appearance: Colorless liquid
Isobutyraldehyde Typical Properties
1. Mainly used to formulate caramel, banana and various fruit flavors.
2. Used in rubber vulcanization accelerators and anti-aging agents, isobutyric acid, etc.
3. Isobutyraldehyde and formaldehyde are reacted to form hydroxytrimethylacetaldehyde, which is then hydrogenated to form neopentyl glycol, which is used as raw material for varnish, resin, fiber and lubricant.
4. The fertilizer prepared by the reaction of isobutyraldehyde with urea can release nitrogen slowly.
5. Used as an intermediate for drugs such as amino acids and vitamins.
6. The oxo process produces n-butyraldehyde and isobutyraldehyde simultaneously in proportion. The consumption balance is still the oversupply of isobutyraldehyde, and a large amount of isobutyraldehyde is used as a fuel.
7. Synthesis of pantothenic acid, valine, leucine, cellulose ester, perfume, plasticizer, resin and gasoline additive
Isobutyraldehyde Packaging and Shipping
Stored in cool dry ventilated warehouse away from fire and acids