4-Methyl-2-pentanone Quick Details
Chemical Name: 4-Methyl-2-pentanone
Short name: MIBK
CAS No.: 108-10-1
Molecular Formula: C6H12O
Molecular weight: 100.16
Appearance: Yellow to brown viscous liquid
4-Methyl-2-pentanone Typical Properties
|Appearance||Yellow to brown viscous liquid||Conforms|
|Acidity (As H2SO4)||≦0.01%||0.006%|
|Color ( Pt-Co)||≦10||6|
|Density at 15℃||0.799-0.802||0.801|
1. It's the intermediate of the rodenticide.
2. Used as an intermediate in medicine and dye.Acarate, a pesticide produced with o-chlorobenzaldehyde, can be used to control mites in drought crops and fruit trees.O-chlorobenzoxime can be obtained by the oximation of o-chlorobenzaldehyde, and o-chlorobenzoxime can be obtained by further chlorination, both of which are drug intermediates.
3. A solvent for nitrocellulose, resin, gum, etc.An extractant of certain inorganic salts. Organic synthesis.
4. Used as standard substance, solvent and extractant for chromatographic analysis.
5. Used as a solvent and as a dewaxing agent for lubricants.
6. Mainly used in the preparation of rum, cheese and fruit flavor.
4-Methyl-2-pentanone Packaging and Shipping
Packing: 165kg/drum or ISO tank by sea or by air.
Warehouse ventilation and low temperature drying;Load and unload lightly and store separately from oxidants and acids.