m-hydroxybenzoic acid Quick Details
Chemical Name: m-hydroxybenzoic acid
CAS No.: 99-06-9
Molecular Formula: C7H6O3
Molecular weight: 138.12
Appearance: White crystalline powder
m-hydroxybenzoic acid Typical Properties
|Appearance||White crystaloline powder||Conforms|
|Loss on drying||≤0.3%||0.15%|
|Melting point||202.5-205.0 ℃||203.1-203.5 ℃|
|Conclusion||The results conforms with Enterprise standards|
m-hydroxybenzoic acid Application
1. This product can be used as fungicide, preservative, ion exchanger, plasticizer and pharmaceutical intermediate. It can also be used as an intermediate for the synthesis of azo dyes.
2. Meta-hydroxybenzoic acid is an intermediate of the herbicide Floxacin.
In the past, benzoic acid was used as a raw material, sulfonation with sulfuric acid, further alkali fusion, and then acidification to obtain a finished product. The method has strong sulfonation, alkali fusion corrosion, high temperature and poor operating environment. The process is not used now, and m-cresol is used as a raw material, and the carboxyl group is first protected with acetic anhydride or acetyl chloride to become an acetate, and further The air is oxidized in the presence of a catalyst to form the corresponding carboxylic acid, which is then hydrolyzed to obtain a finished product.
O-hydroxybenzoic acid, p-hydroxybenzoic acid and m-hydroxybenzoic acid, who is the most acidic?
1. Hydroxybenzoic acid is the weakest, followed by o-hydroxybenzoic acid, and m-hydroxybenzoic acid is the strongest.
2. The criterion for acidity is measured by the extent to which the molecule releases H-positive ions.
3. The easier the H positive ion released by the molecule, the stronger its acidity.
4. For the molecules: o-hydroxybenzoic acid, p-hydroxybenzoic acid and m-hydroxybenzoic acid, it is necessary to judge the electronegativity of the oxygen atom of the carboxyl group connected to H. The stronger the electronegativity, the harder it is to leave.
5. The hydroxyl group is an electron donating group whose electron donating property causes an increase in electronegativity on the oxygen atom associated with H. The following is to judge that at these three positions, the OH electron absorption at that position contributes the most.
6. According to the resonance structure, the electron-donating ability of the alignment is the strongest, followed by the adjacent position, and the position is the weakest.
m-hydroxybenzoic acid Packaging and Shipping
Drum, 25 kg/drum.
m-hydroxybenzoic acid Storage
Storage in a dark, cool, ventilated, and dry environment.