Boron Quick Details
Chemical Name: Boron
CAS No.: 7440-42-8
Molecular Fomula: B
Molecular weight: 10.81
Appearance: Brown powder
Boron Typical Properties
|Hydrogen peroxide insolubles（%）||≤1|
|Moisture and volatile matter（%）||≤1|
|Average particle size (D50) m||≤3|
1. Boron fiber has high strength (breaking strength at room temperature is 2744 ~ 3430MPa) and high modulus of elasticity (39200 ~ 411600MPa), which is an excellent reinforcing material.
2. Composite materials made of boron fiber with metal (aluminum, magnesium, titanium, etc.), various resins (epoxy resin, polyamide, etc.) and ceramics are excellent high-temperature structure materials.
3. Reinforcement ceramics made of titanium boride have excellent abrasive resistance and high toughness (up to 10 MPa·m 1/2 or more), which are used to manufacture conductive parts for heating equipment and ignition devices.
4. Used as a deaerator in the metallurgical industry and an additive to improve the structure of metal grains.
5. Boron-cast iron is widely used in automobile, tractor, machine tool and other manufacturing industries.
Boron Packaging and Shipping
500g/bag 10kg/drum 20kg/drum
Stored in a cool dry and well-closed container