Orthoboric acid Details
Chemical Name: Orthoboric acid
CAS No.: 10043-35-3
Molecular Fomula: BH3O3
Molecular weight: 61.83
Appearance: White powder or scaly crystal with three oblique axes
Orthoboric acid Typical Properties
|Boric acid （H3BO3）content %||≥99.9|
|Water insoluble content %||≤0.005|
|Sulfate (SO4) %||≤0.003|
|Mesh||As customer request|
Orthoboric acid Usage
1. Used as a pH adjuster, disinfectant, antibacterial preservative, etc. used for the preparation of borate, borate, optical glass, paint, pigment, boric acid soap, leather finishing agent, printing and dyeing auxiliary and medical disinfection
2. It is used in capacitor manufacturing and electronic component industry, high-purity analytical reagents, medicinal disinfection and antiseptic, and preparation of exposed photosensitive materials for processing and processing.
3. It is used in glass, enamel, ceramics, medicine, metallurgy, leather, dyes, pesticides, fertilizers, textiles and other industrial applications. It is also used as a chromatographic reagent. It is also used in the preparation of buffers. It is widely used in glass (optical glass, acid-resistant glass, Heat-resistant glass, glass fiber for insulation materials) industry, can improve the heat resistance and transparency of glass products, improve mechanical strength and shorten the melting time.
4. In the enamel and ceramics industry, it is used to enhance the gloss of enamel products and the fastness. It is also one of the ingredients of glaze and pigment.
5. Used as an additive and cosolvent in the metallurgical industry, especially boron steel has high hardness and good ductility, and can replace nickel steel. Boric acid has antiseptic properties and can be used as preservatives, such as wood antiseptic. It is used in metal welding, leather, photography and other industries as well as in the manufacture of dyes, heat-resistant fireproof fabrics, artificial gems, capacitors, and cosmetics.
6. Can also be used as pesticides and catalysts. Fertilizers containing trace elements of boron in agriculture have fertilizer effects on many crops, and can improve crop quality and yield.
7. Boric acid is also one of the basic raw materials for the production of other boride compounds. The boron compounds produced by it are widely used in national defense and other industrial departments and scientific research units. Uses: used as PH regulator, antibacterial preservative.
8. Prepare buffers and various borate salts, and various media in haploid species.
Orthoboric acid Packaging and Shipping
Orthoboric acid Storage
Dry cool place