Pyridine Quick Details
Chemical Name: Pyridine
CAS No.: 110-86-1
Molecular Fomula: C5H5N
Molecular weight: 79.1
Appearance: Colorless transparent liquid
Pyridine Typical Properties
|Appearance||Colorless transparent liquid|
|Residue after evaporation||100ppm max.|
|（CL）Chloride (CL)||0.0005% max.|
|Potassium permanganate-reducing substances||Qualified|
1. Among the many derivatives of pyridine, some are important drugs, some are important components of vitamins or enzymes.
2. Used as broad-spectrum antibacterial agent to kill Gram (negative, positive) bacteria and fungus, which is an internationally active agent for anti-dandruff shampoo; the zinc pyrithione can be incorporated into carpet adhesive to inhibit bacteria; the sodium pyrithione can be incorporated into metalworking fluids to inhibit fungus.
3. Used to make dyes, such as blue base BB, blue base RR, disperse blue S-RB, soluble vat gray IBL, soluble vat blue IBC, etc.
4. Used as a pharmaceutical intermediate. Used as a solvent for the production of cephalosporins, steroids, and sulfonamides, a precipitant for the production of penicillin bromide in penicillin and a demulsifier for the extraction of chlortetracycline;
5. Pyridine is a precursor of various derivatives (such as pyridine-N-oxide, pyridinium perchloride, phenylpyridinium chloride, halogenated, aminopyridine, etc.).
Pyridine Packaging and Shipping
Stored in a cool dry and ventilated warehouse far away from sunlight