Benzotriazole Quick Details
Chemical Name: Benzotriazole
CAS No.: 95-14-7
Molecular Fomula: C6H5N3
Appearance: Light yellow granular
Benzotriazole Typical Properties
|Appearance||Light yellow granular|
1. It can form covalent bonds and coordination bonds with copper atoms to make a multilayer protective film on the surface of copper to avoid the oxidation-reduction reactionthe on copper surface.
2. It has the same effect on metal materials such as lead, cast iron, nickel and zinc.
3. Used to improve the corrosion inhibition effect with various corrosion inhibitors
4. Used to protect materials in automotive antifreeze glycols and coatings
5. BTA is a good ultraviolet light absorber, which can stabilize the ultraviolet light sensitive products. BTA can prevent sheet products such as paper, knit, film and metal coins from discoloring. The BTA added to grinding oil and cutting oil can protect the copper pieces from discoloring in machine work.
6. Used as an analytical reagent for the determination of silver, copper and zinc
7. Used as a photographic antifoggant and an organic synthesis intermediate
Benzotriazole Packaging and Shipping
Sealed and stored in a cool dark warehouse