Irgacure 784 Quick Details
Product name: Irgacure 784
Another name: Photoinitiator FMT
CAS No.: 125051-32-3
Irgacure 784 structure:
Appearance: yellow to orange powder
Irgacure 784 Typical Properties
|Appearance:||yellow to orange powder|
|Solubility at 20°C (g/100 g solution):|
|acetone||~ 30 *|
|methyethylketone||~ 30 *|
Irgacure 784 Absorption Spectrum
Irgacure 784 Applications
1. Irgacure 784 may be used, after adequate testing, for UV and/or visible light curable formulations based on chemically unsaturated systems - such as those based on a prepolymer - e.g. acrylates - in combination with mono- and multifunctional monomers as reactive thinners.
2. Best curing performance of this product can only be achieved in the absence of oxygen.
3. Its unique absorbance properties together with its outstanding reactivity make IRGACURE 784 especially suited for use in photopolymers, e.g. resists, printing plates and other information storage devices such as optical layers, holograms, laser direct imaging, stereolithography. Curing can be performed either using UV light, visible light (blue-green part of the spectrum) or even light from suitable laser devices, e.g. Ar-Laser (488nm) or FD-Nd/YAG-Laser (532nm). Best performance is obtained if oxygen is excluded from the resin system during curing.
4. Applications in coatings, inks or adhesives may be of further interest.
5. The amount of IRGACURE 784 required for optimum performance should be determined in trials covering a concentration range.
Irgacure 784 Recommended concentrations
Photopolymers for imaging or information storage applications: 0.3 - 10.0 % IRGACURE 784
Other applications: 0.5 - 5.0 % IRGACURE 784
Irgacure 784 storage
Stored in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight.