Sodium polyacrylate Quick Details
Chemical name: Sodium polyacrylate
CAS No.: 9003-04-7
Molecular Formula: (C3H6O2)n. (C3H5KO2)m
Sodium polyacrylate Usage
Sodium polyacrylate as a binder
(1) Forming and bonding type: Sodium polyacrylate can be blended into mud, concrete slurry, gypsum slurry, caulking rubber and the like. The cast molding ceramic has a large damage rate when demolding. If a small amount of sodium polyacrylate is added to the slurry, the strength of the blank is improved, the demoulding is easy, and the yield and quality of the blank are greatly improved.
(2) Food additive: Because sodium polyacrylate has high viscosity, good emulsification and dispersion stability, heat resistance, good mechanical stability, can block trace metal ions, and is non-toxic, it is an ideal food additive. It is especially suitable for making foods such as noodles and breads, so that the food can be kept flavored for a long time. Weigh 15 g of sodium polyacrylate, 45 g of propylene glycol, 15.5 kg of water, and mix well. Fish and meat are immersed in this solution for 10 seconds and then placed in a cold storage. The surface of the fish and meat is tightly wrapped with a layer of "ice clothes". The fish and meat can be kept fresh for six months. Sodium polyacrylate can also be used as a thickener for orange juice, and a small amount of sodium polyacrylate is added to the ice cream to have a safe effect.
Sodium polyacrylate as a thickener
As a thickener, it has the following effects in food:
(1) Enhance protein adhesion in raw flour.
(2) The starch particles are bonded to each other and dispersed to penetrate into the network structure of the protein.
(3) Forming a dense dough with a smooth surface and luster.
(4) Forming a stable dough colloid to prevent the leakage of soluble starch.
Sodium polyacrylate as a dispersant
(1) Water quality stabilizer: Low molecular weight sodium polyacrylate is used as a water quality stabilizer, and its anti-scaling effect is remarkable. Add low molecular weight to circulating cooling water
The amount of sodium polyacrylate can increase the saturation concentration of calcium ions several times. When the concentration of calcium ions is high, scale may be precipitated. However, since sodium polyacrylate is adsorbed on the surface of the crystal, the accumulation of crystal grains is hindered, and the scale layer formed is loose and easily washed away by the water flow. Thereby achieving the purpose of anti-scaling and scale-reducing.
(2) Fluid loss agent for drilling mud: Adding sodium polyacrylate to the drilling mud can improve the lubricity and stability of the slurry, reduce the water loss of the drilling mud, effectively prevent the stuck and unloaded drills, and improve the drilling efficiency.
(3) Oil well fracturing fluid: sodium polyacrylate is formulated into a 0.5-2% aqueous solution and pressed into the underground formation to break the formation. The sodium polyacrylate aqueous solution not only has the effect of thickening sand carrying, reducing the loss of fracturing fluid, but also has a retarding effect, which can reduce the pressure transmission loss.
(4) Cement water reducing agent: sodium polyacrylate can improve the dispersion of cement in water, thereby reducing the amount of water required for cement mixing and improving the strength of the concrete produced.
Sodium polyacrylate as flocculant
(1) Natural water clarification: High molecular weight sodium polyacrylate has a carboxyl group on each of its links and belongs to a ionic ion flocculant. Even with the turbid Yellow River water, adding 10 ppm of this flocculant can be quickly clarified. A clarifying agent (polymer flocculant) such as sugar liquid, salt water or beverage. Aquatic processing stone recovers protein from wastewater;
(2) Removal of phosphate in sewage: A sufficient amount of sodium polyacrylate of Mw>2×106 is thoroughly mixed into the phosphate-containing sewage to precipitate suspended solid particles (including phosphate) in the sewage.
(3) Preventing the leakage of sewage in the sewage pool: In order to prevent the leakage of the sewage stored in the sewage pool or the depression, the bentonite is generally blended with the soil forming the sewage pool to form a pool wall. However, when the sewage contains soluble industrial waste, it is impossible to use antimony to prevent seepage. At this point, a soil blocking mixture is required. Its composition is: 99% by weight of sodium bentonite, 0.5% by weight of sodium polyacrylate and 0.5% by weight of sodium acid pyrophosphate. The results of the use indicate that the soil closed mixture is 10 times more efficient than the untreated bentonite.
(4) Separation of red mud from alumina: In the alumina production process, the Bayer process red mud is separated and washed using a settling tank. In order to accelerate the settlement of red mud, the traditional method is to add natural polymer flocculants such as flour and wheat bran. As the output of alumina continues to increase, the settling tank often has a running phenomenon. It is now changed to flocculation with sodium polyacrylate, which greatly increases the sedimentation speed of the red mud of Bayer process, and the clarification effect is good. Thereby increasing the capacity of the settling tank and the quality of the semen.
Sodium polyacrylate Specification
|Appearance：||White or yellowish particles|
|Particle size：||Particle type(20-40mesh)，Powder(40-60mesh)|
|Degree of hydrolysis：||60%（Adjustable）|
|Dissolution time：||≤60 min|
|Usage：||For industrial use only|
Sodium polyacrylate Package and Storage
Packed in 25kg plastic woven bags or paper-plastic composite bags.
Can also be packaged according to user requirements.
When storing and transporting, pay attention to heat, moisture, and stacking layers should not exceed 20 layers.
The effective storage period is 2 years.