Glycidyl methacrylate has the sensitivity, resolution, and corrosion resistance of the photosensitive resin. Glycidyl methacrylate is grafted with a polyolefin to improve tensile strength and flexural strength. Further, glycidyl methacrylate can also be used as a raw material for ion exchange resins, chelating resins, medical selective filtration membranes, anticoagulants, dental materials, and solubilizing adsorbents.
Therefore, glycidyl methacrylate is important for industrial applications. The synthesis method and use of glycidyl methacrylate are as follows.
Method for synthesizing glycidyl methacrylate
It is obtained by reacting sodium methacrylate with epichlorohydrin.
Raw material consumption quota: 780kg/t for methacrylic acid, 690kg/t for epichlorohydrin, and 330kg/ sodium hydroxide. It can also be obtained by transesterification of methyl methacrylate with glycidol. Among them, the former method is easy to obtain and the reaction is mild, which is currently widely used and method in the world.
(1) Preparation of sodium methacrylate salt In a four-necked flask equipped with a stirrer, a reflux condenser, a thermometer and a dropping funnel, 100 ml of methacrylic acid was added, and then 100 ml of a solvent was added thereto, and the mixture was uniformly stirred slowly. 103.5 g of a 50% aqueous NaOH solution was added dropwise. The reaction temperature was controlled to not exceed 55 °C. After completion of the dropwise addition reaction, the mixture was stirred for 30 minutes, and 0.2 g of a polymerization inhibitor p-hydroxyanisole was added thereto, and dehydrated under reduced pressure at 85-90 ° C and 30.7-36.0 KPa, and dried to obtain a sodium salt, which was sealed and stored for use.
(2) Synthesis of GMA In a three-necked flask equipped with a stirrer, a water separator and a thermometer, 40 g of dried sodium methacrylate, 0.2 g of a polymerization inhibitor, p-hydroxyanisole, and 1.2 g of a catalyst were added. The quaternary ammonium salt, generally using triethylbenzylammonium chloride) and 250 g of epichlorohydrin, is stirred and reacted at a temperature of 105-110 ° C and a reaction time of 3.0 h. After the reaction is completed, the NaCL is removed by filtration, and the obtained filtrate is distilled under reduced pressure at 80-80 ° C / 6.7-80. KPa to remove epichlorohydrin; and then distilled under reduced pressure at 100-105 ° C / 1.1-1.6 KPa. Product GMA.
Use of glycidyl methacrylate
1. Mainly used in powder coatings, also used in thermosetting coatings, fiber treatment agents, adhesives, antistatic agents, vinyl chloride stabilizers, rubber and resin modifiers, ion exchange resins and printing inks.
2. A functional monomer used as a polymerization reaction. It is mainly used in the manufacture of acrylic powder coatings. It is used as a soft monomer to copolymerize with hard monomers such as methyl methacrylate and styrene. It can adjust the glass transition temperature and flexibility and improve the gloss, adhesion and weather resistance of the coating film. Wait. Also used in the manufacture of acrylic emulsions and nonwovens. As a functional monomer, it can be used for the production of photosensitive resins, ion exchange resins, chelating resins, medical selective filtration membranes, dental materials, anti-coagulants, and solubilizing adsorbents. It is also used to modify polyolefin resins, rubber and synthetic fibers.
3. Because it contains both carbon-carbon double bonds and epoxy groups in its molecule, it is widely used in the synthesis and modification of polymer materials. Used as a reactive diluent for epoxy resins, a stabilizer for vinyl chloride, a modifier for rubber and resins, an adhesive for ion exchange resins and printing inks. Also used in powder coatings, thermosetting coatings, fiber treatment agents, adhesives, antistatic agents and so on. In addition, the improvement of adhesion, water resistance and solvent resistance of GMA to adhesives and nonwoven coatings is also remarkable.
4. In terms of electronics, it is used for photoresist film, electronic wire, protective film, and far-infrared phase X-ray protective film. In terms of functional polymers, it is used for ion exchange resins, chelating resins, and the like. For medical materials, it is used for anti-blood coagulation materials, dental materials, and the like.
From the use of glycidyl methacrylate, the importance of glycidyl methacrylate in industrial applications can be seen, so high quality, high purity glycidyl methacrylate is important for the production of high quality products. Haihang industry now sells 99% pure glycidyl methacrylate. If you have any needs, please contact us!