In this article, I will show you how to make Basic magnesium carbonate and the mainly uses of Basic magnesium carbonate.
Basic magnesium carbonate is a very important chemical. For example, in daily use, toothpaste, tape, desiccant and other products contain basic magnesium carbonate.
Therefore, the method and main use of the basic magnesium carbonate are as follows!
1. Bitter halogen-soda method
It is made from bitter or salt brine and soda ash. Bitter halogen is added to the reactor and then soda ash is added with constant stirring. After the reaction is completed, vacuum suction filtration is carried out, followed by centrifugal dehydration, and finally, centrifugation, drying, pulverization, sieving and packaging to obtain basic magnesium carbonate.
2. Magnesite (MgCO3) is mixed with coke and calcined to obtain magnesium oxide, and CO2 is introduced into the solution to obtain magnesium hydrogencarbonate. After filtration, the filtrate is heated to obtain a basic carbonate precipitate. Or dolomite (MgCO3·CaCO3) as raw material, processed and refined. It is also possible to dissolve an equal amount of crystalline magnesium sulfate and crystalline sodium carbonate in water, respectively, and heat them until they are sufficiently mixed to produce a precipitate while generating a CO 2 gas, and to filter out the precipitate, and to purify the obtained precipitate into basic magnesium carbonate.
3. Dissolve industrial magnesium chloride in hot water to obtain an aqueous solution of about 11%. According to the iron ion content of the raw material, add an appropriate amount of ammonia water with a density of 0.91 (removing Fe ions), and heat to 60 ° C for clarification. Insoluble, spare. In addition, the industrial sodium carbonate is dissolved in hot water to make about 14% aqueous solution, a small amount of 40% sodium hydroxide is added and heated to boiling, left to stand for clarification, filtered, and the filtrate is heated to 60 ° C, slowly added In the above magnesium chloride solution, the reaction is carried out until the basic magnesium carbonate is completely precipitated. After filtration, the precipitate was washed several times with cold water, centrifuged, dried, and pulverized and sieved at 70 to 80 °C.
The main purpose
1. It is mainly used as a filler and reinforcing agent for transparent or light-colored rubber products, and can enhance the abrasion resistance, bending resistance and tensile strength of rubber. It can also be used as an additive in paints, graphite and coatings, as well as in the industries of toothpaste, medicine and cosmetics.
2. Flour treatment agent, gum base, alkaline agent, desiccant, color protection agent, anti-caking agent, leavening agent and acidity regulator. It can be used for table salt, powdered sugar, acidified cream, milk, ice cream, biscuits. Our country can be used as a flour treatment agent, the maximum use amount is 5.0g/kg; the maximum use amount in flour is 1.5g/kg.
3. For the preparation of magnesium salts, the pharmaceutical industry and filtration of clarified liquids. Used as a thermal insulation material, rubber and specialty glass ingredients.
4. Excellent filler and reinforcing agent for rubber products, the reinforcing effect is better than calcium carbonate and clay. Its refractive index is similar to that of natural rubber, so it is suitable for the manufacture of transparent or translucent products, such as tape, glue, sports hygiene products, tape, hose and so on. It can be used as a neoprene adhesive to replace light magnesium oxide to improve the transparency of the glue. Also used in the manufacture of magnesium salts, magnesium oxide, fire retardant coatings, inks, ceramics, glass, toothpaste, talcum powder, shaving cream, etc. Used as an antacid in medicine. Also commonly used as a desiccant, filter media, anti-caking agents and insulation, high temperature and fire insulation materials.