2-Methylimidazole Quick Details
Chemical Name: 2-Methylimidazole
CAS No.: 693-98-1
Molecular Formula: C4H6N2
Molecular weight: 82.1
Appearance: White crystal power
2-Methylimidazole Typical Properties
|Characteristics||White crystal power|
2-methylimidazole synthesis method
1. Dehydrogenation by elimination of 2-methylimidazoline. 2-Methylimidazoline was heated and melted (melting point 107 ° C), active nickel was carefully added, and the temperature was raised to 200-210 ° C for 2 h. The temperature is lowered to below 150 ° C, dissolved in water, hot-pressed, and the active nickel is separated. The filtrate is concentrated to a temperature above 140 ° C, and the material is cooled to obtain 2-methylimidazole. The method is used to produce a product with a purity of ≥98%, and the 1t product consumes 1095 kg of ethylenediamine (95%) and 975 kg of acetonitrile. A preferred method is to use glyoxal and aldehyde as starting materials.
2. The 2-methylimidazoline was heated and melted (melting point 107 ° C), the active nickel was carefully added, the temperature was raised to 200-210 ° C, and the catalytic dehydrogenation reaction was carried out for 2 h. The temperature is lowered to below 150 ° C, dissolved in water, hot-pressed, and the active nickel is separated. The filtrate is concentrated to a temperature above 140 ° C, and the material is cooled to obtain 2-methylimidazole. 3. The glyoxal method is based on glyoxal as a raw material, and is subjected to a cyclization reaction with acetaldehyde and ammonia at about 45 ° C, followed by dehydration and crystallization separation to obtain 2-methylimidazole. The advantages of the glyoxal process route are mainly due to the wide source of raw materials, short process route, low production cost and low pollution, so the process has a relatively strong advantage. Manufacturers of 2-methylimidazole in the country have adopted this process route.
1. This product belongs to the feed drug additive in the drug substance.
2. This product is an intermediate of the drug metronidazole and the feed growth promoter dimethylazole, and is also a curing agent for epoxy resin and other resins.
3. As a medium temperature solidifying agent for epoxy resin, it can be used alone, but it is mainly used as a curing accelerator for powder molding and powder coating.
4. This product can also be used as a fiber fabric dye adjuvant.
5. This product is an additive in the preparation of foam.
2-Methylimidazole Packaging and Shipping
It should be placed in ventilation low-temperature drying.